This pagoda was erected in 1958 in order to console the spirits of those who died in WWII and pray for world peace, in cooperation between the Burmese (currently Myanmarese) government's Buddhist association and Japanese volunteers. This is the only Myanmarese-style temple in Japan.
On the top of the cylindrical pagoda, 27 meters high and 13 meters in diameter, a diamond pinnacle and crystal glitter.
In the pagoda, a brilliant seated figure of Buddha and memorial tablets are enshrined, and Myanmarese sutras are still chanted twice a day, in the morning and evening.
|地址||3251-4 Oaza-Moji, Moji-ku, Kitakyushu City|