This shrine is dedicated to generations of lords of the Chofu Domain, and provides a breathtakingly beautiful view of the Seto Inland Sea.
In 1868, this shrine was established to enshrine the spirits of the Mori family members who served as lords of the Chofu Domain. In 1986, a monument was erected to commend the achievements of Chofu Hokokutai, who played an active role, together with the Kiheitai, in the Meiji Restoration. This place overlooks Manjushima Island and Kanjushima Island, and is very crowded with people who come to see the sunrise on New Year's Day. On the occasion of the Kangetsusai Festival held in fall, visitors enjoy the view of the beautiful moon reflected on the surface of the Seto Inland Sea. The main building was destroyed by fire in 1969, and rebuilt in 2001.
|Address||4-1 Chofu-Miyazaki-cho, Shimonoseki City|
|Access||Approx. 7 min. on foot from Sanden Transportation Jokamachi Chofu bus stop|